Saturday 11 April 2009

Bert Vierstra Lovina; be careful, be warned.

Dutchman Bert Vierstra lives and works near Lovina in the north of Bali; his business is selling villas to foreigners who, under Indonesian law, can not own them (see: Bali Villas). Vierstra also operates the so-called "Bali Expat Forum" which puts him in touch with and has allowed him to secure a small group of expatriate followers such as Roy Thompson in Ubud, in Bert's efforts to defame and otherwise afflict me. Most of these followers are actually a small number of Indonesian expat dregs hiding behind multiple anonymous pseudonymns; or at least they hope they are anonymous. When you expose them simply by their real name, they soon show their true colours. One of Bert's supporters, a prolific even famous blogger in Jakarta with the pseudonym Indcoup defamed me and claimed I could not sue him in Indonesia (a reference to the fact I was suing Bali travel agent Jack Daniels in the USA); how safe he fealt behind his anonymity to do that! Unfortuntaly for him I managed to find out who the coward was behind the libelous statements against me and others and he bolted like cowards do (see: Indcoup Jakartass Blogspot).

I do not want to repeat what has already been published elsewhere, but a very short summary is;
1) I supported and even sent potential real estate customers to Bert Vierstra when he first set up shop.
2) Bert Vierstra repaid this by uninvitedly deciding to meddle with the legal problems I was having with Bali Discovery Tours' Jack Daniels by going to see him, plus telling others how they could bypass the security of my web sites to post messages of hate on them (hacking)!
3) Bali BS published an article speculating Bert Vierstra was likely a pedophile.
4) Bert Vierstra falsely accused me of being "Bali BS", even though I have seen emails from him accepting I am not.
5) Bert Vierstra went to the Balinese police and filed a false complaint of criminal libel with them alleging I was Bali BS and had published the above article.

I want to pick up from that point and prove just what a nasty and dangerous person Bert Vierstra truly is, and also how nasty the Balinese police are.

First, I find it absolutely amazing, having been presented with the Bali BS article on Vierstra by Bert himself, given the facts clearly documented in that article, that the police not just took Vierstra's complaint but never investigated him for suspected paedophilia. But perhaps I should not be surprised, even one of Vierstra's "friends", the former owner of a beachfront hotel in Lovina published an account of how the local police, having had a report / complaint of a foreign pedophile abusing under-aged boys in his hotel room, would simply come, chat and take bribes once (and this is the sick part) the foreign pedophile had finished his "business". Lovina is, you see, a known pedophile black spot.

Second, people have not been made aware of certain facts about Bert Vierstra and what he went on to do past that point.

Whatever Bert Vierstra claims, he can not sue me and he can not sue Bali BS because he gave email permission to us both to publish what we liked about him! Admittedly he did this before Bali BS published the article, before Bert Vierstra realised just how much evidence they had against him. But Bert Vierstra has never rescinded that permission, so can not sue either of us for anything we publish about him until he does and only then for anything past that point which is published; Vierstra gave us an open / blank cheque to publish what we liked.

This is important as Bert Vierstra in 2007 started publicly going around here, there and everywhere (forums, etc.) publishing he was going to sue me, when he had absolutely no legal basis to do so in several respects. However, abusing the friendship of one of his Bali expat forum devotees, Bert Vierstra appointed a lawyer in Portugal to determine my whereabouts on the basis he was going to sue me. I say "appointed", as I do not think Vierstra ever paid him anything. In fact, his lawyer was the legal advisor and director of the Portuguese Association of Vending Machine Operators! Vierstra's lawyer did actually manage to determine my family's home address, I believe unlawfully, in Portugal at the time and report this back to Bert.

When I reported the facts to Vierstra's Portuguese lawyer he said "Oh Christ!" and I never heard from him again. Clearly, Vierstra did not want my home address to sue me as he was unable to and knew it.

At the same time Bert Vierstra started emailing me with implied yet clear threats that he was going to come to Portugal to "talk" to me. Given the evidence he is likely a pedophile, that pedophiles can be highly dangerous in many ways, that he had my home address, and that we have two very young children, I went to my own lawyer here in Portugal to do something about it, to protect my family. I can not publish what they said or did, but assurances have been given to me that if Bert Vierstra ever travelled to the Iberian Peninsula or indeed other countries outside his normal travel areas (which I presume to be Indonesia and the Netherlands), he would be questioned; I therefore suspect Bert Vierstra is himself the subject of an Interpol watch order as, at one time, the Dutch police were contacted in relation to this episode.

We have now moved to Spain, although still have our home in Portugal which is, as Roy Thompson has published, up for sale. Although not the main reason, Bert Vierstra's threats and actions were a factor in our doing this. Bert Vierstra is very lucky I received those assurances as I very nearly paid to have him "stopped" in Bali; you can read about this on my Bali Death Threats blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment