Saturday 11 April 2009

Jack Daniels, Bali Discovery Tours or Whores?

John Millard AKA Jack Daniels of Bali Discovery Tours, former Chairman of the Bali PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) and all that says about them, is the nastiest travel agent on Bali. I do not want to repeat what I have published about US Citizen Jack Daniels unlawful acts about me as you can read on my Nasty Bali website, but I believe it important to provide some background, key points and updates here;

1) Jack Daniels was a barman and mortician (ugh) in his native USA.
2) He came to Indonesia and worked in a hotel in Jakarta; one reportedly owned by the Suharto family.
3) Jack Daniels then worked for an Australian cruise ship outfit for 4 years until he learned they were about to be closed down as they were neither registered or had paid taxes in Indonesia. This fact means Daniels worked illegally in Indonesia for 4 years without paying income tax.
4) Jack Daniels formed Bali Discovery Tours with a Javanese man who also worked on these unlawful cruise boats.
5) In 2002 there was a rash of Internet fraud by Indonesian based travel agents using "bait and switch" tactics where they offered hotel rooms at well known hotels for less than they could actually honour, only to falsely report the hotel was full to potential guests who had by then provided their credit card information, sometimes paid deposits, and therefore felt obligated to book with that agent at another hotel (at a rate the agent did make a profit).
6) As the owner of a reservations site, in September 2002 a user of my site complained that Bali Discovery Tours were offering lower rates than my own for the Santika Beach Hotel in Tuban-Kuta for which I had a "lowest rate guarantee".
7) I contacted the Santika Beach Hotel about this and they stated Bali Discovery Tours were not authorized to offer the rates they were and could not place guests in their hotel at the rates they were quoting. These facts along with the facts about other travel agents offering unsustainable rates I published on the Bali & Lombok Travel Forum, as was my legal right as I was sick and tired of it.
8) Jack Daniels was not happy about this and entered into a rage against me.
9) In October 2002 the infamous Bali terrorist bombings occurred; I flew to the island to support the cause and was horrified at the lax airport security in comparison with Singapore and Phuket (where I had flown from and through) and that it seemed to simply be a case of police corruption business as normal, no extra effort being made to tighten security.
10) After I left Bali, outside of Indonesian police / criminal jurisdiction, I sent and email to contacts of mine within the Balinese tourism industry (see email). It was very well received and one person (with good intentions) forwarded it to other tourism members, including Jack Daniels.
11) Jack Daniels / Bali Discovery Tours was responsible for issuing tickets to the so-called "Bali Security Workshop" at the Nusa Dua Convention Center in Bali in December 2002. I went to Bali again partly to attend this conference, to raise my concerns with the chief guest speaker, Bali's then police chief Budi Setywan. Bali Discovery Tours refused me a ticket on the basis the event was booked full, when in fact it was only 35% subscibed.
12) I have no doubt it was here that jack Daniels managed to do his nasty act against me, reporting my email (which criticized the job his department was doing) to the police chief and suggesting my text could help terrorists launch another attack!
13) Instead of going to the Security Workshop, I ended up being unlawfully detained and had my passport unlawfully seized by the Balinese police. The British Embassy in Jakarta ultimately got involved, confirmed the police action was unlawful, and ensured my and my passport's eventual release.
14) During this unlawful police operation against me over 4 days, conducted by 6 or 7 officers of Bali's intelligence police who should have been out hunting bombers instead, I saw the contents of the police file and in it my email with "Jack Daniels" on the identifying header, had it confirmed it by the police officers ir was jack Daniels who filed the complaint against me, and was further told the police chief himself had ordered the investigation (see my Budi Setywan police chief blog page).
15) After I was released and had my passport returned, I left Bali and published what hat happened. Jack Daniels took great exception to having been found out and started to threaten me with libel action. When his threats failed, he filed a police complaint against me for criminal libel and reported this on his Bali Discovery Web Site;





















16) You will see the "article" date is June 7th 2003, although Jack Daniels actually notorious layer Suryatin Lijaya (implicated in several corruption cases involving alleged pay offs to the police and prosecutors of Bali) did not actually file the complaint until the following month, which proves prior arrangement / agreement AKA collusion and corruption. This is confirmed on the summons that was unlawfully made against me (see: Indonesian Law - Balinese Police) - if you go to and look at that summons near the top for "DASAR 3;" it shows the date of Daniels complaint was July 3rd 2003.
17) You will see the "article" says criminal charges had been filed against me, when not even his criminal complaint had been filed at that time and when it is only prosecutors who can file "criminal charges". So Jack Daniels article is both libelous and shows what was unlawfully agreed with the police in advance of them even receiving and knowing the specifics of his complaint against me.
18) You will see the statement "will remain sealed and with the police until Mr. Austin personally presents himself to the police" shows Daniels knew the complaint would be held unlawfully without being processed in order to deny me my rights under the Indonesian statute of limitations (see: Indonesian law blog page)
.
19) You will see Jack Daniels is very selective with his wording. He does not deny making the original nasty police complaint, he simply says "insisting no proof exists to substantiate Mr. Austin's allegations", or at least he hoped not; at that time all I had was first hand personal experience of what I had seen in the police investigation file and what the police officers had told me.
20) You will see Daniels states it is his lawyer,
Suryatin Lijaya who is filing the complaints on his behalf; this is also unlawful as Indonesian law requires the complainant to make the complaint themselves to a police officer (in / on the island where the alleged crime took place).

As you can see, I have enough evidence not just to dismiss Jack Daniels allegations against me (even if I had come under Indonesian jurisdiction, which I had not), but to expect him to face criminal proceedings for criminal libel, perjury and corruption.

I also I believe have enough evidence to convict Daniels of attempted murder (against me) in Thailand; that he paid the then Balinese police chief Made Pastika a corruption bribe for and benefited from an unlawful Interpol watch order placed against me; that with the Balinese police provided details of my home address in Thailand that Daniels paid for Thai gangsters to murder me. If it were not for the humanity of one Thai police officer, who for obvious reasons I can not name here in case he is represented as having broke the law by helping me, I truly believe I would now be dead. One day I expect Daniels to stand trial in Bali for this attempted murder. No doubt Daniels will claim immunity under Indonesia's 3 year statute of limitations but I will submit he does not qualify until I am able to make my criminal complaints, otherwise it would be a denial of justice.

Finally, some people have been trying to make capital of alleged death threats by me against Daniels and others. I have never made death threats against them but yes, I did nearly pay for someone to "stop" Jack Daniels, Bert Vierstra and police officer Tri Kuncoro in Bali, and yes I did warn the then police chief of Bali I considered I had the right to do this; for details, please see Bali murders and death threats.

No comments:

Post a Comment