Saturday 11 April 2009

Budi Setywan, Bali's nasty police chief and a liar

Budi Setywan was Bali's police chief at the time of the Bali Bombing on the 12th October 2002 and ordered the unlawful investigation against me as a suspected terrorist "spy" in December of that same year which saw me unlawfully detained, my passport unlawfully seized and my being threatened with being shot for espionage! You can read the specifics of this on my Bali Police and Bali Criminal Complaint blog pages.

Under Indonesian law, a police officer is only authorized to conduct a criminal investigation a) if they witness first hand a suspected crime or b) if someone makes a criminal complaint to them. Now, as the investigation against me was over an email of mine someone else (with good intentions) forwarded to other people within the tourism industry, Budi Setywan could not have witnessed this suspected crime first hand, so someone made a complaint. The person from the tourism industry who took the email and matter to the police chief can not defend themselves by claiming they did it just for information; the law is very clear. An investigation was conducted so it could only have come from a complaint.

Jack Daniels of Bali Discovery Tours claims he did not make that complaint to the police against me in 2002. However both I and other people were informed by the police that it was Daniels, plus a number of people have seen the police investigation file against me which contains correspondence from Daniels and a copy of the contentious email proving it was one received and printed up by Jack Daniels. Here is a statement from my former lawyer who attended me at the police station at the time confirming he also witnessed the email with Jack Daniels' "header" on it and that he was also told by the police it was Jack Daniels who made the complaint;





















People like Jack Daniels and Roy Thompson now try to have others believe I made everything up, that there was no unlawful police investigation, that Jack Daniels was not involved, that Budi Setywan did not personally order it; next I will absolutely not just prove Budi Setywan instigated an illegal investigation against me but also that the Balinese police sell confidential data from their files to 3rd parties. Here is a copy of the confidential police investigation file memo against me, paid for with a police bribe by a friend of mine;





















You can see it is a fact that police chief Budi Setywan is clearly stated as being the officer who instigated the complaint against me.

What is sad for Budi Setywan is he even lied about this investigation to one of his best friends. Someone I did business with tried to come to my rescue and phoned his friend from high school days, police chief Budi Setywan. Setywan denied any knowledge of the investigation to his best friend, so he in turn told me not to worry but it later transpired, as I was being threatened with being shot as a spy, I had a lot to worry about. The fact that Budi Setywan even lied to his best friend about all of this shows what a sad and ugly life he has.

I believe the above evidence is sufficient for a criminal investigation against Budi Setywan and I one day hope to be able to make a complaint against him (see my Balinese Police / Indonesian Law blog page to understand why I currently can not).

No comments:

Post a Comment