Saturday 11 April 2009

Made Pastika, Bali's Police Chief & Governor

When Made Pastika was Bali's police chief, I wrote to him three times (as required by Indonesian law) detailing why two police investigations against me were unlawful (see my Balinese police, Bali Discovery Tours and previous Bali Police Chief blog pages for full details), demanding he have his officer's cease and desist.

Although I never got a reply from him and while the unlawful investigations continued, Made Pastika's subordinate, Officer Tri Kuncoro, who was heading the Cyber Crime Department "case" against me and registered mail receipts confirmed Pastika had received the letters. Legally, Made Pastika had an obligation to respond giving reasons for allowing the investigations to continue, or to close the investigations and confirm this in writing, or repudiate they were being conducted in the first place. Pastika did none of these things, he just ignored my letters and the law of Indonesia; he acted unlawfully, even illegally.

However, the real problem I have with made Made Pastika is I have been informed Officer Tri Kuncoro boasted Pastika took a $3000 bribe from jack Daniels, no doubt via an intermediary as is standard practice in corruption cases, to sign a regional Interpol watch order against me in 2004, claiming just cause as my being a terrorist suspect. Subsequently I learned the Balinese police, then clearly trying to cover up their highly unlawful acts, went on to claim they "considered" me a terrorist because they felt what I published on the Internet somehow terrorised people! Of course this does not actually qualify me as a terrorist suspect in the legal sense or conform to Interpol's strict criteria. So whoever's signature is on that watch order has some very difficult explaining to do.

I understand Made Pastika is very unhappy with me, that I have published details of the police investigation and evidence of corruption against him on the Internet, and that he has vowed to remove it. The trouble for Governor Pastika is that I am well within my legal rights in the EU to publish what I have. That if he has any problems with this, he should complain to the proper authority, such as the British Foreign Officer / Embassy in Jakarta, or even to sue me here in the EU. Of course I would be delighted and honour bound to remove what I say if it is false, and all he has to do to prove this one way or another is send me a copy of the police investigation file including the original Interpol watch order, so I can see who signed it for myself. As it is clear the Balinese police have copied the entire file to Jack Daniels, there is no reason I should not have a copy as well, unless what I say is true and can be used against Made Pastika to put him in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment